Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
The Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technologies (FM&T) General Counsel position is responsible for all legal affairs of a $500 million-plus Department of Energy, National Nuclear Security Administration management and operating contract business.
This position provides legal counsel and assistance to General Management and the various operating divisions to ensure maximum protection of the legal rights of the Division, and to ensure operations remain within the limits prescribed by law and the business’ contracts with the federal government. The individual will serve as a key member of the FM&T Senior leadership team on matters of strategic importance to the business, establishing key strategic alliances, and risk-opportunity analysis for business transactions. The position is also part of Honeywell’s Mechanical Systems and Components division law department and reports to the Vice President and General Counsel of Honeywell’s Mechanical Systems and Components business (Annual Revenues $3.5 B). The individual also will manage a staff of 12 professionals that provides legal support, and is the primary administrator of the business’ prime contracts and government-approved procurement system.
- Management and development of the FM&T legal and contracts department across diverse areas of responsibility.
- Dispute resolution and litigation efforts and strategy, including management of outside counsel as appropriate.
- Development and dissemination of policy and directions on legal aspects of operating activities for the guidance and control of operating divisions.
- Representation the Division in the negotiation and administration of the Prime Contract, including all changes, modifications, disputes, and related reimbursement authorizations.
- Provision of counsel in the conduct of relationships with the NNSA and other federal and state bureaus and agencies.
- Assistance in negotiations as required and review and approve written agreements, contracts, or other legal instruments involving the rights and obligations of the Division.
- Remaining current with federal, state, and local judicial decisions, laws, and other regulations affecting the Division's operations and provide appropriate guidance, particularly regarding Department of Energy acquisition regulations and policies.
- Providing legal guidance and counsel relative to intellectual property including, patent, trade-mark, and copyright matters.
- Acting as liaison between FM&T and Honeywell International in legal matters of interest to the Company.
- Acting as liaison between FM&T and the federal government on legal matters relating to FM&T operations.
- Responsibility for staff competency and development, and driving performance consistent with Honeywell FM&T objectives.
- Provision legal assistance regarding FM&T’s business development initiatives.
- Provision legal counsel in a wide variety of matters including employment, environment, safety and health, tax, and procurement.
||Assess potential legal risks
||Influence senior management
||Act as trusted advisor
||Act as trusted advisor
YOU MUST HAVE
- BS/BA degree and Juris Doctor/LLM degree with excellent academic credentials
- At least 9 years with major law firm, government agency, and/or Corporate experience to include subject matter expertise in energy, corporate, commercial, intellectual property laws
- US Citizenship to obtain and maintain Department of Energy Q Level Security Clearance
- Department of Energy Q Level Security Clearance or similar preferred
General understanding of litigation, environment, safety and health, government contracts, and employment law.
Experience in Department of Energy management and operating contract legal requirements, or the equivalent.
Excellent Communication Skills.
Ability to think conceptually and strategically, while maintaining a results driven approach.
Strong problem solving, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
Ability to establish priorities for the legal team and to execute to those priorities.
Ability to lead, influence and motivate your team and to act as a catalyst for change.
Strong problem resolution skills and the ability to develop innovative solutions to address issues.
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Relocation Provided
- Some Travel Required
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req128977
- Category: Legal
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.