This is a Graduate Development Programme for qualified individuals who:
- are familiar with DCS systems and Instrumentation;
- are experienced in Microsoft operating systems;
- possess excellent communication skills – oral, written and presentation (English);
- are prepared to work/learn in a demanding customer-facing environment;
- are self-motivated, enthusiastic, well organized and have a strong sense of responsibility;
- are eager to learn and develop;
- have strong administration skills.
The individuals will be trained on a 12 month fixed term employment contract (April 2018 to March 2019) in the following areas of responsibilities:
- Maintenance of the Honeywell systems on Site as part of the Service Level Agreement (SLA) (LSS);
- The preparation, implementation and reporting of system & application deployments and updates;
- The management and optimisation of systems and correcting and preventing failures;
- Work as part of the Services/Engineering team on planned and unplanned activities;
- Basic system maintenance and management activities. Work conducted in accordance with the instructions of the client in the
agreed time, with high quality and profitability;
- Prepare a roadmap for performing the tasks. All preparations made in accordance with work procedures and policies;
- Compatibility of hardware, software and process control operations on standard system configurations;
- Adherence to all applicable Honeywell Quality Assurance (QA) and service management procedures/methods
- Honeywell compliance with HSE requirements.
Educational / Experience requirement:
Electrical/Electronics S4 Diploma or Engineering Degree or equivalent technical qualification
Drivers license (must)
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.