Project Engineer - Cable Engineering
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Leads the development, maturation, monitoring, and amendment of project technical scopes related to externally sourced custom electrical devices (primarily magnetics, capacitors and frequency devices). Establishes and maintains formal project plans, with supporting documentation, in EVM and/or alternate project management systems utilized at FMT.
Provides oversight of project progress to baseline budgets and creates/submits formal change request documentation as appropriate in response to changing conditions and/or requirements. Establishes the confidence of, and effective influential authority with, PM, internal customer and general stakeholders as required to assure the uninterrupted availability of resources and approvals (funding, staffing etc.) needed to execute project expectations. Leverages technical competence to identify/escalate risks, drive mitigation activities and exploit opportunities. Conducts routine to moderately complex functions to analyze variances and develop recovery plans. Works with departmental manager to identify and direct resources as needed to assure execution of required scope.
Prepares and presents formal and informal reports for various presentations at a broad variety of levels including departmental meetings, internal stakeholder updates and customer site reviews. Partners and collaborates with design, supply, process and customer stakeholders to drive excellence and surety in critical components for national security applications.
||Plan and execute project task
||Ensure project and product compliance
||Present to leadership and external customers
||Consult with vendors and suppliers
||Suggest enhancements to advance projects
YOU MUST HAVE:
• U.S. citizenship and ability to obtain U.S. DOE “Q” level security clearance.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering from an ABET accredited institution.
• Minimum of two years direct experience managing projects, with a record of delivering results on time and within budget. Minimum five years engineering experience.
• A broad knowledge of electrical component manufacturing, procurement and/or quality processes and techniques.
• Project Management certification (PMP, SE, etc.).
• Six Sigma Certifications (Lean or Black Belt certified).
• High tolerance for ambiguity and change coupled with demonstrated ability to meet commitments without supervision.
Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Relocation Provided
- Some Travel Required
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req146165
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.