Acoustic Laboratory Extern/Co-op
Driving Infinite Possibilities Within A Diversified, Global Organization
Maintain rigorous, world-class acoustical laboratory operations and Quality Systems, conduct product studies and administrative tasks in support of hearing loss prevention at the Honeywell Acoustical Testing Laboratory in San Diego, California. You will develop and perform electroacoustic and human subject testing for New Product Introductions (NPI), process changes, QA evaluations and compliance with ISO and FDA requirements, for Honeywell hearing products, as well as competitive and non-hearing products. You will provide technical consultation on hearing conservation, hearing protection and communication product ideas, design, and development and verification & validation testing.
Develop cutting-edge hearing products that connect and keep workers safe.
Drive research and support for connected-worker hardware, software and systems.
||Operate and manage acoustic laboratory
||Consult re: compliance to appropriate regs/standards
||Provide acoustical expertise for HON functions
||Understand and apply principals of acoustics
||Understand and apply research principals
YOU MUST HAVE:
• Currently pursuing a Doctorate degree in Audiology (Au.D. 4th - year), Acoustics or Industrial Hygiene (pending successful externship)
• A passion for hearing loss prevention
How Honeywell is Connecting the World
• Research or technical laboratory experience
• An ability to influence at the operational level
• Ability to adapt to evolving products and technology
• Ability to convey information with clarity across diverse, global teams
• Ability to make timely decisions in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness
• Excellent team and communication skills, including technical reports
• Some experience in the safety field and/or with hearing protection
- Continued Professional Development
- 1st Shift
- Job ID: HRD28149
- Category: Technology R&D
- Location: 7828 Waterville Road, San Diego, CA 92154 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.