Principal Scientist -Fluorine Product Synthesis
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
As a Principal Scientist you will develop new products and foster a culture of innovation in the fluorine chemistry in Honeywell. You should be highly self-motivated and drive excellence in developing new chemicals, training junior team members and reporting progress to internal and external customers.
-Lead a world-class team in developing new Fluorinated material
-Evaluate and optimize new applications, processes and fundamental synthetic chemistries which will be the basis for growth in the FP business.
-Opportunity to work on diverse projects and quickly evaluate technical viability
||Managing a group of Chemist/Scientist in design and implementing new project
||Hands on development of new chemicals and proof of concept testing on new processes
||Ensure proper safety procedures are in place and are being followed
YOU MUST HAVE
- PhD in Chemistry
- Minimum 5 years experience in Organic Chemistry
- 1+ years experience in Fluorine Chemistry and proven safe lab record
- Significant experience in leading a technical team
- Hands on fluorine synthetic chemistry experience
- Quick problem solving ability and effective communication with technical and business leadership
Performance Materials and Technologies
- Continued Professional Development
- Some Travel Required
- 1st Shift
- Job ID: req151098
- Category: Technology R&D
- Location: 20 Peabody St, Buffalo, NY 14210 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.