Senior Health Safety & Environment Specialist
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Reporting to the Director HSE EMEA & India, you will be required to deliver HSE Functional Excellence across EMEA HGR HSE working to the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) whilst minimising risks and to ensure long term sustainability of the HBT Operations.
Initial areas of focus will be linked to connected Buildings, Building Products Fire, and Building Products Security. You will assistant supervisors and managers to achieve cell performance along with developing an HSE performance culture that will differentiate us from our competitors. You will also need to assist leadership in expand Honeywell’s reputation as a low risk provider.
Join an organization that demonstrates a proactive HSE Management System, combined with a continuous improvement environment. You will a key professional in the HSE function. You will drive key activities and HSE performance metrics for Field Operations. You will accomplish this by establishing strong working relationships with the employees.
||Implement HSE standards
||Best Practice sharing
||Site compliance reviews
- Compliance to Honeywell corporate requirements and legislation
- Represent HSE across EMEA HGR Field Operations, Small Sites & Manufacturing Facilities
- Establish relationships and processes with EMEA HGR business managers to influence all employees to meet HSE goals and objectives
- Elimination of workplace accidents, environmental incidents and ill health within their respective area of control
- Work with the HBT HSE Team to identify actions required to maintain HSE Certification to OHSAS 18001:1999, AS4801:2001, ISO 18001. Assure compliance on all HSE Standards where applicable
- Facilitate a change to EMEA HGR Field Operations culture toward a safe working environment by enhancing the knowledge, skills and attitudes of Honeywell employees and Sub-contractors
- Advise management on HSE matters as they affect all aspects of EMEA HGR Field Operations and HSEMS in the EMEA region
- Audit Honeywell managed facilities to ensure we are compliant to statutory and corporate requirements and working to approved risk management plans
- Assist in making HSE a competitive differentiator for Honeywell in the marketplace
- Co-ordinate with HBT Field Operations HSE Team for corporate compliance and event reporting
- Conduct regular and ongoing HSE peer reviews of projects and service contracts across the EMEA region
- Work to advance new programmes, processes and tools to continuously improve the efficiency and effectiveness of HSE practices
- Ensure the integration of HSE practices and Management System Standards in the HOS Gold Enterprise initiative
- Effective coach and role model
Qualifications/ Experience/ Knowledge
- Tertiary qualifications in Health, Safety, Environmental or Engineering or equivalent amount of working experience.
- Green belt certified or willing to become certified in first 12 months
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a full time HSE role with demonstrated HSE experience.
- A comprehensive knowledge of safety legislation and management systems
- Outstanding influencing and negotiation skills
- Demonstrable personal attributes to effectively communicate and influence all levels of employees and leadership
- Experienced in change management and continuous improvement projects
- Willing to travel regularly
Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
- Some Travel Required
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD40947
- Category: Health, Safety & Environment
- Location: Petneházy u. 2-4, Budapest, PEST 1139 HUN
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.