Commodity Manager - Remote
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
Implement and drive the SCMC Strategic Commodity Team (SCT) for different commodities like Services, Industrial Supplies, IT or Travel across the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) and Environmental Management’s (EM) multiple sites. This role will group like commodities while providing contractor inclusive cross network sourcing strategies. The commodity manager will operate the assigned SCT as a strategic sourcing enterprise through the facilitation of collaboration across the contractor sites, capitalizing on identified leverage opportunities.
- Create commodity roadmaps enabling the achievement of critical business targets as well as improving ease of business on a repetitive basis.
- Responsible for development, facilitation of the roll out and implementation of the enterprise-wide Strategic Commodity Team for assigned commodities.
- Develop and implement a communication plan for the SCT once developed and providing for business change management across sites to drive utilization of commodity strategies while serving as the point of contact for team strategy, execution and performance.
- The individual will work collaboratively across complex organizational structures to develop and implement comprehensive multi-site agreements.
- Create and manage implementation of strategic agreements including project plans, overall tracking capability, reporting of progress within team and up through leadership.
- The Commodity Manager will identify commodity opportunities and lead commodity team(s) within the SCT to carry out the sourcing strategy across the enterprise.
- The Commodity Manager is to ensure consideration is given, and strategy developed, to optimize spend through socio-economic businesses.
- Monitoring of overall utilization of SCMC strategic sourcing contracts for targeted commodities is also crucial to the success of the SCT.
- Use of, eSourcing (on line reverse auctions and sealed bids) and Supplier Performance Management activities using the SCMC enterprise system is expected to maintain process continuity.
- Coordination with SCMC eProcurement specialists to develop eCatalogs or comparison shopping portals representing commodity strategy and champion sites to drive spend through them.
- Prepare or oversee preparation, administration, and retention of commodity contract files.
- Responsible for compliance with SCMC standards, business processes and policies.
- Ability / willingness to travel 25-30% depending on business needs
||Strategy Formation and Execution
You Must Have:
- US citizenship in order to obtain and maintain US Dept of Energy security clearance
- Bachelor's degree in a Business, Technical, or Scientific field is required
- Minimum of 7+ years directly-applicable experience in Strategic Sourcing and using leveraged multi-site agreements
- Readiness / adaptability to mobile working environment.
- Experience with government contracting environment.
- Superiority in utilizing strategic integrative thinking, understanding the global commodity landscape and linking it to sourcing strategies.
- Knowledge of government contracting requirements including a working understanding of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Exhibited successful ability with indirect leadership of diverse teams crafting complex SOWs, negotiating & deploying large multi-site agreements.
- Established ability to manage multiple complex projects at once.
- Demonstrated capacity to meet aggressive deadlines while achieving solid business results
- Uses inclusive, collaborative approach to execute & manage agreements.
- Demonstrated proficiency with eSourcing techniques – reverse auctions, eCatalog and comparison shopping portals.
- Advanced degree, ISM – CPSM certification, Six Sigma Green Belt certification are differentiators.
Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Continued Professional Development
- 1st Shift
- Some Travel Required
- Job ID: req165878
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: 6700 W 115th St, Overland Park, KS 66211 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.