Controls Program Engineer
• Accountable for delivering software tasks for assigned projects within budgeted cost and schedule at the appropriate level of quality.
• Provide recommendations for improving software, service support and testing activities to maintain the competitiveness of UOP technologies and products.
• Maintenance and development of systems (ISO-9001) and resources (coaching & training) so the PIC area can effectively transfer technology to the marketplace in a manner that maximizes value to UOP and to our customers.
• Identification of opportunities for continuous work process and productivity improvements for project activities that you perform and observe. Implement assigned improvement projects.
• Addressing root causes from Corrective & Preventative Action (C&PA) analysis and project post mortems.
• Develop and maintain Quality Management System documents used within your area.
• Optimizing project deliverables for the projects assigned by maximizing efficiency of the delivery process through better methods, masters, systems, and tools and to minimize costs.
• Regular reporting on the status of assigned projects. Typical tasks would be:
Customizing Programmable Logic System master code (PLC).
Customizing Operator Interface Applications master code (Experion and Wonderware).
Converting functional specifications or general ideas from process personnel to software (PLC).
Creating master software that requires a minimum of effort to customize for a sold project.
Installing and working with Operating Systems and applications.
Preparing Distributed Control System I/O Interface List.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical, Computer, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering is required.
- minimum 5+ years control systems software development experience
- Experience in developing control systems software for batch or continuous process application in the refining, petrochemicals, pulp & paper or pharmaceutical industries is considered ideal.
- A working knowledge of Honeywell control system products including Experion, Safety Manager, C300, and Masterlogic is a strong plus
- A working knowledge of programmable logic controllers (PLC) and HMI software such as Wonderware is a plus.
- A working knowledge of Invensys controllers such as Invensys Tricon/Trident, Siemens S7 and/or Rockwell/Allen-Bradley ControlLogix PLC products is a plus.
- Understand interfaces such as RS-232, RS-422, Ethernet, fiber optic, and interface protocols such as Modbus and Object Linking & Embedding for Process Control (OPC).
- Understand control panel electrical schematics including components such as power supplies, breakers, relays, and analog and digital wire loops.
- An understanding of the concepts and role of software within control systems is key.
- Familiarity with components of computer systems.
- Good organizational, troubleshooting and problem solving skills are a must.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to travel up to 10% annually to both domestic and international locations.
- Job ID: 00358042
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Gurgaon, HR IND