Sr. Chemical Engineering Super
There is an immediate opening for Group Leader- Unionfining in Delhi Engineering Center, Hydro processing Technology Center within the Engineering, Services and Equipment SBU.
This position is an integral part of our global engineering organization and provides a key role in the management of internal UOP resources towards transfer of process technology to our customers.
The role of Group Leader- Unionfining in the Delhi Engineering Hydro processing Technology Center is to provide both project and administrative oversight for a group of engineers within the center.
In addition to direct involvement in billable projects, the Group Leader will oversee quality and schedule of their direct report’s projects and will work closely with the Center Manager for continued development of the group.
Key Position Accountabilities:
Includes but not limited to the following:
• Adhere to Corporate and Departmental HS&E standards.
• Maintain a minimum of 70% billable work.
• Interface effectively with sales, sales support , engineering disciplines locally as well as globally as required.
• Lead Project Execution plan with on assigned projects including resourcing, schedule ( SIF) and scope management. Support team to stay within execution plan on schedule, scope and hours.
• For assigned projects, coach less experienced team members in projects with objective of minimizing project quality issues, minimizing project rework and enhance customer satisfaction.
• Actively support Center Manager to assign billable work related to the specific technology.
• Effectively schedule project specification and SAFE check for projects to meet SIF committed dates.
• Actively support operations of center by review and report out regularly and stay with target on project quality, schedule , OTTR , rework, As Sold hours vs Actual hours
• Champion ongoing initiatives adoption in the center including new tools for productivity, quality & cycle time reduction.
• Participate in Work process improvements including implementation.
• Lead Quality plan adherence, internal and external audits for projects.
Center Support-Direct Reports:
• Maintain a minimum of 85% billable work for Direct projects.
• Develop and execute coach plan for direct reports on the tools, techniques, schedule, scope, deliverables and customer interface for effective execution of assigned work.
• Set goals for direct reports in alignment with center goals.
• Assess Direct report regularly, recognize and differentiate performance, deliver the mid-year and annual appraisals on performance relative to set goals.
• Development of process, project depth and technical expertise among direct reports and support CM in existing process like TRR.
• Develop checkers for the center.
• BE or equivalent degree in chemical engineering
• 8 years’ experience in the engineering field with majority in process technology (development, sales, design, operations and service).
• 3 years UOP engineering experience.
• Strong familiarization with UOP engineering work processes.
• Technical and Functional Excellence.
• Gets Results.
• Makes People Better.
• Effective communicator.
Additional Qualifications for the Position:
• Strong working knowledge of Engineering Schedule A work process ( WPC-10)
• Prior coaching or Training skills.
• Prior experience in managing reports.
Unique Aspects of Position:
• Center specific position accountabilities
• Close coordination with other UOP engineering offices is required
• Up to 25% travel required, both domestic and international.
- Job ID: 00356202
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Gurgaon, HR IND